Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Amazing Words from Acts

These verses really spoke to my heart and challenged me to contemplate if I could say the same thing...I pray that by God's grace if ever faced with the choice to deny Christ or be persecuted for Him I could.

"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God. Act 20:24

"Then Paul answered, "What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but even to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." And since he would not be persuaded, we fell silent, remarking, "The will of the Lord be done!" Acts 21:13-14

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

May we all have the strength to stay faithful.

Skatergrl said...

Amen Megan!

Anonymous said...

Its funny, because the day you wrote this, I had said the same thing to my sister in law. I am not there yet, but I hope one day, I will be able to be that strong.
~Heather